18 May Companies choose their costing method based on their business activities and processes, as well as the products and services they offer. A company can be a manufacturing, mercha
Companies choose their costing method based on their business activities and processes, as well as the products and services they offer. A company can be a manufacturing, merchandising, or service organization; this also impacts which costing method will be most useful for its purposes. As a part of costing, the company also needs to decide how to classify overhead costs using either traditional or activity-based costing (ABC).
In this written assignment, you will choose a company, consider its business and costing requirements, and recommend a costing system that will work best for the business.
Think about a company you know. This could be a current or past employer or a company you admire. Consider its business activities and the type of products and services offered. Based on what you have learned so far, write a short paper that reflects on the different costing methods and speculates on how they might apply to your selected company.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Company Overview: Identify the company you selected and provide a brief overview of its business.
- Is it a manufacturing, merchandising, or service organization?
- Costing Methods: Compare the job order and process costing methods, and explain how each of these can be applied to the company.
- How could the costs differ if one method is chosen over the other?
- Factory Overhead: Outline possible indirect or overhead costs the company may need to account for, and identify the type of costing the company might use for these costs.
- If the company decides to use activity-based costing (ABC), what are some activity bases (cost drivers) it might use to allocate these costs?
- Recommendation: Based on your analysis, recommend a costing method for the company, and explain why you think this method will work best for the business.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit your assignment as a 2- to 4-page Word document. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Place Order” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.