18 Mar What are the positive aspects of wind energy? Explain at least 5 of them. 2. ?Identify the worlds largest three wind turbines built and their key characteristics (Locati
(All answers must have 5-7 sentences each, in own words)
1. What are the positive aspects of wind energy? Explain at least 5 of them.
2. Identify the world’s largest three wind turbines built and their key characteristics (Location, Power, blade dia etc)
3. Write an equation to find power from a wind turbine. Explain each parameter in it.
4. What is the meaning of this equation
5. For a turbine with 160 m of wing (blade length) produces 7 MW or power. What would be the air velocity to generate this power?
6. Derive an expression for Betz limit. What is the maximum mechanical efficiency possible from a wind turbine?
7. What is the relation between ground wind speed, height, and wind speed at a certain height?
8. IF the ground wind speed is 5 m/sec. Estimate wind speed at the height of 250 m. In this case, what would be the power generated if we use a blade of 160 m.
9. Explain the terms a) lift b) drag c) solidity d) turbulence in relation to Wind turbines.
10. What are the major considerations in the design of a wind turbine (watch the video and explain how each parameter influences wind power)
11. Explain how wind energy reduces emissions from the atmosphere?
12. What are HAWT and VAWT?
13. With a small diagram, explain key components of a wind turbine.
14. What are the advantages and disadvantages of VAWT
15. What rated the power of a turbine and rated wind speed?
16. Explain the operating regimes of a wind turbine and the control strategy in each
17. Calculate the diameter for a 7.5MW wind turbine blade
18. What is the tip-speed ratio of a turbine?
19. Why do larger turbines rotate slowly (at optimum tip-speed ratio)
20. What is the connection between the tip speed ratio and the number of blades?
21. Optimally, how long would it take the 3-bladed 5 MW “monster” turbine to complete one revolution? The blade diameter is 145 m. (Assume a rated wind speed of 11 m/s.)
22. List 5 advantages and 5 disadvantages of wind turbines
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Place Order” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.