19 Mar Assess the purpose and function of the International Criminal Court (ICC). Explain why the United States has not joined the ICC. Examine the pros and cons for the Unite
International Criminal Law
[WLO: 1] [CLO: 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read The United States of America and the International Criminal CourtLinks to an external site., Between cosmopolitan and American democracy: Understanding US opposition to the International Criminal CourtLinks to an external site., and pages 477-480 and 483 of the Routledge Handbook of Critical CriminologyLinks to an external site..
The United States has refused to join the International Criminal Court (ICC) since its inception. The issue of the United States’ reluctance to join the ICC continues to be a matter of international debate. This week’s assignment requires you to take a position on whether or not the United States should formally join, and accept the jurisdiction of, the International Criminal Court. Avoid notions of jingoism, and examine the international community and the responsibilities of the United States as an international actor in both civilian and military affairs. Make sure to explain the consequences of not joining or a decision to join the ICC.
In your Assignment,
- Assess the purpose and function of the International Criminal Court (ICC).
- Explain why the United States has not joined the ICC.
- Examine the pros and cons for the United States to be a member of the ICC.
- Construct an argument proposing the United States should join or continue to not be a part of the ICC.
- Provide sound reasoning for your opinions.
- Examine not just the United States’ reasons for not joining the ICC, but also various international perspectives about the leading military power in the world’s decision not to join this criminal law court.
- Explain the ramifications of the opinion that you advance to the United States and the international community.
The International Criminal Law assignment:
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (750 words of content minimum, not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s APA StyleLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013Links to an external site..
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. as well as Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center for specifications.
*Note: You are encouraged to integrate any feedback from your instructor and upload the assignment to your ePortfolioLinks to an external site..
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Fill in all the assignment paper details that are required in the order form with the standard information being the page count, deadline, academic level and type of paper. It is advisable to have this information at hand so that you can quickly fill in the necessary information needed in the form for the essay writer to be immediately assigned to your writing project. Make payment for the custom essay order to enable us to assign a suitable writer to your order. Payments are made through Paypal on a secured billing page. Finally, sit back and relax.
We are a professional paper writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework. We offer HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE Papers.
How It Works
To make an Order you only need to click on “Place Order” and we will direct you to our Order Page. Fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Are there Discounts?
All new clients are eligible for 20% off in their first Order. Our payment method is safe and secure.